Who is this qualification for?
This is a non-technical qualification designed for subcontractors, gangers, foreman, team leaders, supervisors, site managers – basically any construction worker who needs a solid understanding of management and leadership skills. This enables effective leadership and supervision of people in a variety of roles in the built environment and construction industry.
The Award is suitable for existing team leaders and supervisors, and also for people who are likely to begin work in one of those roles. It enables candidates to develop and consolidate formal skills and obtain an industry benchmark qualification.
To meet industry employability requirements, we recommend that candidates have current industry experience. They will also need sound knowledge of basic Maths, English and ICT which will smooth the way to progression through the course.
Recommended course pre-requisites
We recommend that candidates possess or are working towards some of the following:
- Construction Skills Health and Safety Test Card
- CSCS Blue Card
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
- PQP Yellow and White Card,
- Triple Bar for New Build Sites
- CCNSG Safety Passport Tunnel Safety Card
- Construction Plant Competence Scheme Card
Benefits for individuals
- Completing either the Certificate or Diploma will allow you to apply for the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) Academically Qualified Person (AQP) card. For more information, please visit the CSCS website at https://www.cscs.uk.com/
- You will also gain skills in operating construction projects and programmes, managing sites and people, site safety, team leadership, communication and leadership styles.
Benefits for employers
- Complying with best practice in people and site management skills and techniques.
- Safer, more efficient deployment of people and resources on site.
- Meeting the technical requirements of projects.
Full details (PDF) here: http://bit.ly/L3Construction